Aspen Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position is based in Daniels, WV.
SALARY: COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
This position is responsible for managing construction projects by defining purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; and evaluating and implementing change orders. Supervising and directing the daily activities of crews to accomplish project objectives timely and efficiently. Extensive experience in earth moving, drainage, and revegetation required. Ability to work from engineered site plans and specifications to meet design objectives.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Position may involve performing other duties as required, which may not be mentioned below. Specific functions may change from time to time.
We are searching for the right candidate to join our team as a Superintendent for our Environmental Division. Our past and current projects have been located in West Virginia.
Primary objectives of this position are:
- Supervise the job activities to ensure the company objectives, schedules and budgets are met timely and accurately. Work requires the direct daily supervision on the site of crew members to accomplish various abandoned mine and similar sites that have specific designs for reclamation. Projects are generally in remote and rough topography locations.
- Assist in plan review for accuracy, consistency and modifications.
- Observe and direct operations including clearing, earthwork, underground utility construction,drainage ditches, rip rap channels, erosion control measures, revegetation, and other items as needed.
- Track quantities, quality, location of materials and report contract deficiencies.
- Observe operations for compliance of all environmental permits.
- Review and document all activities on project.
- Assist Project Manager in preparing detailed cost estimates and budgets for construction site activities.
- Attend construction meetings and coordinate with staff and contractors.
- Assist Project Manager in preparing schedules and tracking schedule progress.
- Perform special projects as assigned by Project Manager or Division Manager.
- Perform regular field observations, including safety procedures, wetland protection and vegetation protection by crew and contractors.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, OSHA, DEP,MSHA and DOT codes and regulations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ability to operate Heavy Equipment is substantial in training and evaluating performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by upper management.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
A. This position requires working in the internal and external environment. Work sites are remotely located. Excellent physical condition is required to work on these sites.
B. This position requires a flexible work schedule; night and/or weekends will be required.
Desired Skills and Experience
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
A. 3-5 years of Project Superintendent or Project Manager experience required preferably working for a General Contractor.
B. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
C. Previous work-related skill, knowledge, and/or experience are required.
D. A High School diploma is required and/or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree in Construction or Engineering preferred. 10 hour OSHA certification is required. 30 hour OSHA certification is preferred. OSHA training can be provided.
E. Candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office. Related computer skills a plus. Good written and verbal communication skills required.
F. Must have extensive experience in earth moving projects, underground drainage installation, general site preparation, clearing, and revegetation of sites.
Work with other professionals on a team.
Proven leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, professional approach.
Ability to display good attitude regardless of work required.
Company Truck for job use provided
AFLAC insurance available
5 Paid holidays per the employee handbook
Professional organization with an excellent reputation offering tremendous growth potential.
Aspen has been operating in the community since 1982.
Major medical health insurance plan
Educational budget for professional development through seminars and conferences.
Hours generally 7:00am – 5:30pm, Monday thru Friday
Weekend work may be required at times; Saturdays are often worked during peak projects.
Office fully equipped, facilities fully equipped to get the job done.